Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Here I Am

I opened this account around an year ago, inspired by some prolific bloggers I had come across. At that time I had imagined I would have a lot to say. Things that would be of some significance. Things that are answers to questions that baffle us all. But even at this point of time I am wondering what to write about.

Writing about myself is not an appropriate idea as it would bore the person reading it to death and it would kill me even before I start to write.

My work.. well I dont hate it but it is not the most interesting thing one could do. And there are so many of my kind that there is no novelty left in cracking jokes about it either. Anyhow what greater joke could you play on a person who has been condemned to read pieces of codes (not of Da Vinci fame) written by fools like him ages ago and break his head for the mistakes they made.

Current Affairs :O... (((( shudders )))). :) Whenever I thought something of importance had happened that would affect the generations to come and leave its indelible mark on the epoch we are part of, so much had already been said that writing more about that would have been repeating someone else's words. And again neither I am a genius nor do I have such command over english language as to mask my ignorance and make it look like perennial wisdom.

There are a few other things on my mind. But let me not bore you any more and move on to the next point of importance - "what can I write about".

Well I can tell you about movies as I watch them a lot. And probably next time you would find a few reviews (what am I expecting).
I can tell you about books (this statement creates a lot of self-disbelief).. well at least the ones I have read and the ones I would read.
Music?? Though I like music.. I am not sure if I am the person to comment on that. I will drop names of obscure songs that I think people should hear.
I can tell you about India as I see it through my eyes. If would not be very factual and most of it would be emotional. But I should be able to make it interesting (do I need to try, I wonder, when I speak of India).
And I can promote effort of other people by redirecting you to interesting things I come across the internet.

And last but not the least why am I writing now?? Had nothing better to do. My head is still light with the excitement of Indian victory over Australia so I am not thinking clearly. This team showed great character to seal the series. I wish they dont let the success get to their heads and remain focussed on the game. Though they totally deserve the gooddies that come with hard work.

Another good piece of news was from Indian hockey. India thrash Mexico 18-1, the headlines read. The real task lies ahead though. India need to beat Britain to qualify for the Olympics. The poor team is paying for the mistakes of their predecessors and the officialdom that is associated with sports in India. But the lads have done good in the recent past.

Dear Federer.. what happened to you. May you come to your "defeat all former self" soon.

Cant believe I have written so much. God bless the random wanderers who chance to pass this page (poor creatues). I admire your tolerance to torture of most brutal nature. Hope I have it in me to keep you coming back.

4 comments:

Lay Man said...

Please ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes..

Baawara Mann said...

ha ha, the first comment here that i read is hilarious enough!! bhads great start... I am sure your life is interesting enuf to ponder about each day.. more of stories (which you are great at telling) simple stories that miss our daily gaze.. and happen close by...movies wd be wonderful for yu to wri=te about.. i wd love to be reading the,,

Cheers mate.. congrats and thanks for your first cut!! keep em coming

:-S

Baawara Mann said...

India lost it to britain, in the death minutes i think...

Lay Man said...

:(