Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Priceless

No I know this post is not priceless. And I was not at all intent on posting any thing. You see I am absolutely certain that only people who have visited my pages are those whom I was able to pursue to torture themselves on account of any love they have for me. But to my surprise a few days ago one of my cousins complained that I had not posted any new posts. And she observed that my monthly blog count has gone 3-2-1.
So with my new found inspiration I was looking for something to write about and what do I come across.
Priceless.. (a french movie)
Well the movie is true to its name. Nothing better than a movie that can give you a mood lift when you need it. I had returned from home the day before and was still under the away from home blues. But this movie made me come out of it in a jiffy.
Totally unpretentious and with a cast that totally suits the plot. The only face in the film that I was familiar with was the actress Audrey Toutou (DaVinci Code). Still all characters are charming or loathesome at the whim of the script. And of course the setting of the movie, glorious hotels and locales of Nice, add to the overall mood of the film.
Now I do not have the literary abilities or the technical know how of a movie critic. So will not ramble on any further. But I can tell you this. If you can overcome your initial inhibitions of watching a movie with subtitles, you are in for a treat. In my opinion subtitles are much better than dubbing.
Do let me know of your opinion of the movie if you watch it at my advise or otherwise.
Au Revoir

No comments: